Mar 01, 2021
The Yaya Centre Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions
Loyalty Card : means a card with a barcode printed on it for the purpose of earning points on the Yaya Loyalty Program or a barcode generated by the Yaya Loyalty App for the purpose of earning and redeeming points on the Yaya Loyalty Program. The Yaya Loyalty App is free to download and use.
I hereby apply for The Yaya Centre Loyalty card [hereinafter referred to as “the Loyalty Card”] and acknowledge that by logging into the App I agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions.
The Loyalty Card is issued by and is the property of Yaya Centre [hereinafter referred to as ‘YC’], which is contracting on its behalf and on behalf of the software developers of the Loyalty Programme, currently Jawali Solutions Ltd.
1. The physical cardholder is obligated to report a lost or stolen physical Card as soon as possible to YC which is based in The Yaya Centre Management office during normal business hours. The Card will be replaced at a cost of KES 500. Kindly note the YC reserves the right to amend the cost of replacing the Card.
2. The Loyalty Card or App Screen with the barcode must be presented at the time of purchase to earn points. No points will be issued retroactively.
3. Normally , a Member will earn one loyalty point for every KES 100 spent. However at certain times the participating outlets may give more points than this, such being bonus loyalty points. The participating outlet reserves the right to exclude any items or services on promotion or sale from the Loyalty Scheme and hence loyalty points may not be awarded for purchases of goods and services that may be on promotion or sale. A Member may enquire, from the mobile app about the number of points credited to the Member’s account or the account balance.
4. When a Member obtains sufficient points, such points may be redeemed at any given time by the Member presenting the Loyalty Card to any of the outlets participating in the scheme.
5. Redemption value of points is currently at KES 0.70 per point. The redemption will be to the nearest KES 100. A minimum balance of 100 points must be kept on the Card at all times. Hence redemption can only be done if the total points on the Card are more than or equal to 200. Points cannot be redeemed for cash. Only Card holders are allowed to redeem the points and they must present their ID. YC reserves the right to change redemption criteria.
6. YC can, at its discretion, modify the programme rewards or substitute rewards of comparable value without notice.
7. YC reserves the right to discontinue Membership privileges and void a Member’s point balance and rewards if any unauthorized points are earned or redeemed, or if there is any unauthorized use of the programme.
The personal information collected during sign up will only be used by YC for the sole purpose of providing requested and related services. In joining the Loyalty Scheme the Member consents to YC using their personal information to assist in planning, developing and researching product and service offerings involving the YC. YC may:
• seek your participation (on a purely voluntary basis) in advertising campaigns, launches, customer testimonials, product tastings and focus groups; and
• seek your feedback on the Loyalty Scheme product and service offerings.
YC has relationships with third parties to whom it makes disclosures of your personal information in connection with operating the Loyalty Scheme. The Member consents to YC disclosing their personal information to those with whom YC has service arrangements and to those with whom YC has alliance arrangements.
This are the software developer and SMS gateway provider and the information shared is limited to what they require to provide the service.
How to Cancel Member Loyalty Card:
The Member may cancel their Loyalty Card by emailing instructions or giving instructions in writing. If a Card is cancelled any Loyalty Points not already redeemed by the Member will be automatically forfeited. By cancelling the Loyalty Card, the Member will stop earning loyalty points from the date of cancellation.
YC reserves the right, at any time without notice, to:
(a) decline to issue Loyalty Cards;
(b) on reasonable grounds, withdraw or cancel Loyalty Cards, and any points earned there on;
(c) terminate a Loyalty Cardholder’s membership in the Loyalty Scheme; or
(d) terminate the Loyalty Scheme:
Reasonable grounds for withdrawal or cancellation include:
(a) any abuse or attempted abuse of the Loyalty Card or the Loyalty Scheme;
(b) any use or attempted use of a Loyalty Card in a manner contrary to these Terms and Conditions;
(c) any use or attempted use of a Loyalty Card for purchases made by a person (other than the Cardholder or any linked cardholder)
(d) any reasonable suspicion of dishonesty of a cardholder in connection with the Loyalty Scheme.
Changes to Terms and Conditions and Termination:
YC reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate these Terms and Conditions, the Loyalty Scheme program, and any benefits under the Loyalty Scheme at any time.
YC will give advance notice of any such circumstance on its Website or the Member can obtain such details by calling the YC Call Centre, allowing the Member to cancel their Loyalty Card membership within the period of that advance notice. Where YC changes these Terms and Conditions, an updated copy of them will be available on YC’s Website. Continuing to use the Loyalty Card after the period of advance notice has expired will be deemed acceptance of the amended Terms and Conditions.